Thursday, January 14, 2016

Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - Maria Wulf's Visual Poems II

Welcome to Artistic Interpretations!  Today I reintroduce some of you to Maria Wulf, a fiber artist I have admired for a few years.   She lives in the state of New York on Bedlam Farm with her husband and her blog is Full Moon Fiber Art.  A little over two years ago I shared her "Visual Poems" HERE  and thought it was time to share again.

In my opinion, Maria is an artist who absorbs life and seemingly renews herself each day creatively - everyday objects become art - I mean ... bailing twine?  I throw it away everyday at my barn.  She see's it as a means to something beautiful.  Her "Rapunzel Chair" is an example below.

Another example that thrilled me just moments ago is her post of January 13th - her "lace" tree.  She receives an old quilt, sees something in nature - and her artistic eye creates a unique and beautiful piece of art work - the lace tree is a small part of a whole concept on an old quilt block - she is working in a zodiac moon face and who knows what else.    HERE is the post.

As you play these short video clips, listen to the sounds of what you don't see, live in the moment, feel the emotions (or memories).  Write in any poetic form you choose.

I do require a new poem be written in response to Maria's Visual Poems.  You may embed these videos on your blog but please credit Maria Wulf and her "Full Moon Fiber Art" blog for inspiration.

Please link with your specific poem for this challenge to "Mr. Linky" below.  Thank you, and I look forward to your artistic interpretations.




















9 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Very cool post, Margaret. Lots of scope for inspiration here. I shall return.....I first met Maria in one of her husband Jon Katz's wonderful books about dogs and Bedlam Farm.........

Gillena Cox said...

Very inviting prompt

much love...

brudberg said...

Sorry for leaving an erroneous link... I really liked the drops from the eaves... I tried to make the visual justice.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I remember the beauty of Maria's clips. Thanks for the opportunity to revisit her art.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I fixed your link, Bjorn.

Hannah said...

I'm also grateful for the opportunity to revisit this artist's work...thank you, Margaret. :)

Jennifer Wagner said...

Thanks, Margaret. I haven't written to any online poetry prompts or challenges in quite some time. Nice to get my feet wet again.

Anonymous said...

These are marvelous and screamed haiku at me so I went with that. Thank you, Margaret.

Stacie Eirich said...

I was searching through the links here at toads, looking for inspiration. Maria Wulf's videos and artwork are beautiful. Nature, art, writing -- it is all interwoven. Inspiring, indeed. Thanks for sharing! Stacie