Thursday, January 28, 2016

Bits of Inspiration ~ Keyhole

Hello talented poets! Today we will contemplate the view through a keyhole.

“Time is a keyhole, he thought as he looked up at the stars. Yes, I think so. We sometimes bend and peer through it. And the wind we feel on our cheeks when we do – the wind that blows through the keyhole – is the breath of all the living universe.”
– Stephen King, The Wind Through the Keyhole


Longing by KingaBritschgi on DeviantArt

"No decent man ought to read Shakespeare's sonnets because it was like listening at keyholes." Author: Virginia Woolf

Hans Zatzka (Austrian, 1859-1945) «Through The Keyhole»

 "Temptation is the devil looking through the keyhole. Yielding is opening the door and inviting him in." Author: Billy Sunday

So my talented poets today's challenge is to write from a keyhole perspective. It can be a glimpse on the inside or looking to the outside. You have complete freedom with only the usual restrictions...new poem, share...read the work of your fellow poets. Happy writing!!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Susie - I added "Mr. Linky" for you. Thanks for this challenge. Just came back from a week long visit to NYC and I had a photo that screamed a poem... and you gave me the right outlet I think...

Susie Clevenger said...

Thank you so much for adding Mr. Linky! I don't know how I missed it. So happy you found inspiration!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hi kids, sorry for my absence, have been dealing with some medical appointments out of town for various parts of my anatomy, LOL. All will be well. I will try to write something for this intriguing prompt.......I have a lot of catching up to do.

brudberg said...

Hello... What a nice prompt.. Actually I might write something inspired from the bookproject I've been involved in... The name of our book is "Keyhole stories".., so this is something I've been thinking about.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Fabulous prompt, Susie. I can't wait to read all the poems, and shall write when I have time to draw breath at the end of the week.

Outlawyer said...

Great prompt Susie. I wrote something in my head on the subway this morning but couldn't write it down but will Try! K.

hedgewitch said...

A really interesting challenge Susie--I am having such a time writing right now, but will think about the ideas you've presented for us. Thanks for hosting.

Susie Clevenger said...

Sherry, so glad to see you here. So glad to hear all is well!!

Bjorn, looking forward to what you come up with.

Kerry, thanks... I seem to be short of time lately also.

Karin, thank you. Looking forward to reading your poem.

Joy, Thank you... I am struggling with writer's block. Everything I write seems to take such effort!

peggy gatto said...

Gorgeous!!!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Many thanks, Susie. This perspective enabled me to write about that challenging new cat I've got, and see things her way.

Carol Campbell said...

Very provocative prompt. So many directions. That's my favorite kind! Thank you, Susie!

Hannah said...

Thank you, Susie...I love the keyhole concept and the images for inspiration!

Hannah said...

P.S. I will be making the rounds but please be patient as it will have to be in separate chunks of time...thank you!