Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...








I recently happened upon this video of the old song, The Sound of Silence, covered by the band, Disturbed, on December 31st. On listening to it, I marvelled how the message of the Simon and Garfunkel original always remain relevant, and this new version gave me chills (in a heatwave). Lead singer, David Draiman, certainly has the presence and conviction to reach a new audience with the timeless message: "Silence like a cancer grows..." I share this with all friends, poets and free thinkers who visit our international blogsite as the theme of the new year, 2016. The 'words of the prophets (poets)' should never fall silent.

What better way to set this in motion, than with our first open link of January. I look forward to reading your work. Please feel free to link more than one post, if so desired. Perhaps you wrote a piece over the festive season which fell through the cracks of the festive season. I would appreciate the opportunity to catch up.

Wishing you all the very best for another creative year in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.







16 comments:

brudberg said...

What a wonderful version... Gossbumpy indeed. I'm travelling and will get back to read when I have time... Hope to find a non-coffeshop wifi spot somewhere in Amsterdam

Gillena Cox said...

First Tuesday in the New Year; nice to be here in Year 2016

much love...

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm glad you liked the video, Bjorn. Enjoy your trip to Amsterdam!

hedgewitch said...

Thanks for the video, Kerry. Really an excellent cover version that takes on its own authenticity, It made me remember(the grainy and moody look of it as well as the song) an old one of mine I am sharing. Will be out of pocket today--back tomorrow.

Steve King said...

What a wonderful video, and great arrangement. I hope this will soon be in my music library. Thanks, Kerry.
Steve K.

Margaret said...

Really cool video... Trying to get back into the creative mode... it's scary taking such a long break - it often makes me think I just don't have any more poetry in me. Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.

Anonymous said...

This version makes the song even more potent to kind of match the increase of angst in the world. Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

Susie Clevenger said...

What a profound video...It sparked my poem.

Marian said...

That is a theme I can really get behind. Thank you, Kerry and Toads!!

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry--one of my favorite songs, but I have to say Paul Simon has been involved in the writing of many of my favorite songs. They are just terrific, and this was a really interesting version. I just wrote something this morning - agh - thinking of your prompt here and events in U.S. Thanks. k.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

This is stunning I have followed Disturbed I like them. I so enjoy knowing and writing with all of you! Such a group of sweet, talented and kind people glad to join in and be included in your pond. To good writing in 2016!

Debi Swim said...

I love S&G and this song but this new version rocks it socks off.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Have not gotten a chance to watch the video yet, but look forward to it and reading everyone's post. Happy New Year everyone! :-)

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I did 2 links because I'm sending you back to my old site for my New Year poem from 2011 and I wrote a new one for this song prompt. (I had forgotten about this old New Year poem, you said we could link a couple.) I liked the version of this poem it got me thinking. I will be around to read for a couple of days tomorrow thanks for all the visits! Enjoy the rest of the week and hugs all around!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I meant song, not poem. Lol!

purplepeninportland.com said...

I cannot thank you enough for this video. I think it is outstanding, as is the voice.