Thursday, January 7, 2016

February

Happy New Year, Toads!

We’ve had a mild winter so far, but New Englanders know that we will soon be punished for these temperate days as January gives way to February. Otherwise known as The Longest Month. Peeking ahead, I realized that there is no Music with Marian in February, so figured we should get the pain out of the way now. And also the beauty.

“February” performed live by the incomparable Dar Williams


  
This song, by the way, was written about the place where I live. Just saying.

LISTEN * ENJOY * BE INSPIRED * WRITE

10 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

February is the worst month, her in SA for the completely opposite reason - it is our hottest month of the year, and given our heatwave daily temps in excess of 104 F at present, I live in dread of Feb.
Thanks for another great musical interlude, Marian.

Debi Swim said...

I had to look the words up. What a wonderful song. I can so identify with it. Last winter seemed like 6 months of Feb. So far it has been much better but I'm dreading Feb.

Jim said...

Very nice choice, Marian. A really sad beginning that most times can only get worse. It did. Or did it? Been there, done that, my wedding ring instead of her key. At our end it was a relief that only got better. Two high points after, first she remarried real soon, the other when I remarried three years later. I may write of it. Depends on my schedule.
..

Gail said...

I loved this music!

Anonymous said...

Great song. Inspires me to write!

brudberg said...

I will get back to write tomorrow... here we have our first cold days... this morning it was -15C... if February brings snow and ice I do enjoy it quite a lot...

Fireblossom said...

Can you hear me? Are you out there? ;-)

Margaret said...

Thank you, Marian - I'm off to Savannah, GA for the weekend but will check back in and catch anyone else who writes!

Gail said...

I may have misinterpreted the prompt but I am on the list. Thanks for the chance to flex my writing wings.

Anonymous said...

The song is amazing!

I wrote about snowdrops and February -- I hope this is okay.