Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Fireblossom Friday. Postmark: Poetry!

Hey Toads! In this age of email and texting, it's easy to forget about sending a letter the old-fashioned way. So let's play Post Office! Write me a poem that includes a letter, or stamps, or a mailbox, or a mail person.

That's right, we're going Old School. Come up with a new poem, specifically for this challenge, and give it your best, people, don't just...

...wait for it...

....don't just mail it in!

 

16 comments:

M. A. S. said...

Thank you for a rather enjoyable inspiration.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I was thinking of postcard poetry just the other day! Nice one, FB.

Sumana Roy said...

thanks for the interesting prompt.
...

Sam Edge said...


man what a great song it the first thin I thought when I read the prompt - but I though it was a Joe Cocker original but he must have done a cover...

Ella said...

FB I love this song-thanks for brightening my day. Anyway yah-

Mama Zen said...

I'm on it!

Marian said...

alex chilton! oh i can do this one. will keep ya posted, hah hah. :)

Ella said...

I am homesick! Thanks FB-I am craving blue.

grapeling said...

I hi-jacked your prompt, Shay, hope you don't mind ~

Susie Clevenger said...

one of my all time favorite songs...love the challenge! I often write letters.

myheartslovesongs.com said...

LOVE the pic, the song, the pun and the prompt! i'll try to get something posted today, but you know how the snail mail is...... {grin}

Fireblossom said...

Mine mentions a mailbox, but I may write another that's more central to the theme!

I'm loving all your reactions. :-)

Kenia Cris said...

I've had such a busy day but I read this prompt early morning and thought about it a lot throughout the day. I'm finally home and will respond to it in an hour or two, with two or three poems (because I adore you, Shay, and the prompt), because I have so many stories with letters and stamps you wouldn't guess!

Kiss. <3

Kenia Cris said...

First poem posted. :) I hope you enjoy it. <3

manicddaily said...

A lovely prompt--I don't feel that I was able to do it justice but forging ahead. k.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

as I read through the poems inspired by this prompt I just had to come back here to say how much I have enjoyed it. So many different letters we all would write.