Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Mini Challenge - Poem A Day Edition


Greetings Toads! 

This is Kenia here, we've had a fun, prolific week in writing and I'm more than happy to host a mini challege to call it a week.

It's Sunday!  Have you had a look outside your window yet? 


I'm writing this on a Tuesday, but according to the weather forecast, we're going to have a rainy day this side of the world (which I don't mind, rainy days are my favorite actually).



I had a hard time getting to work this morning. I live in a quite big city, the traffic is crazy here.


Every morning I get stuck in a traffic jam for 30 minutes (on lucky days). I ride the bus to work, so I use the time to read or listen to music, sometimes I write ideas for poems but my favorite thing is to observe how the jams affect people. 

Because of my weekly routine, my initial thought for this challenge was to have you write a poem which contained the word 'unmoving'. But it's Sunday for God's sake! Sundays have their own dynamics. Sundays have church early morning, markets, street markets, parks, clubs, family over for lunch, friends, laughters - Sundays are for a change in routine.  


So what I ask of you, my dear green friends, is to write a poem about a Sunday in your lives. Pretty simple, isn't it? Please write an original poem specific to this challenge and post it on the Mr. Linky provided below.

Have a great day!

(Image credits: all the photos on this post are mine and are free to borrow. Photos 1, 2, 3 and 5 were taken during the last performance of Romeo and Juliet by the Brazilian Drama Company Galpão in 2012 in a local park. The performance marked the end of a 20-year staging.)


18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

It is a pretty miserable Sunday here, thus far. Overcast, no electricity for 2 hours, and the prospect of going back to work tomorrow after a very short week off.

Sigh..Your clowns look very happy by comparison, Kenia.

Sumana Roy said...

Thanks Kenia for selecting my fav day for prompt :)

Fireblossom said...

Kenia! You're a bus rider, too? Then we are bus riding sisters. :-)

Does the Sunday in our lives have to have actually happened, or can it be made up?

Kenia Santos said...

Shay, you can make it up! I'm looking forward to reading about it!

brudberg said...

Ah ... a very nice challenge.. I try to bicycle to work every day.. sometimes I try to recite poetic lines.. but often I forget them when I've reached my goal..

Margaret said...

We try to get to church every Sunday, and more often than not I am like a little kid - wishing I could sleep in … but the "Catholic" side of my brain says "not a good enough reason". It doesn't always win out.

However, I find my walks through nature to be so relaxing, so restorative that I seldom miss a one - and my little Gimli (dog) is usually with me. (maybe if I could take him to church I'd have a better track record :)

hedgewitch said...

Kenia I'm afraid mine is about Sunday in general, and not a particular one--I hope that will work. I love the photos!

Kerry--sympathies--being without power is much more paralyzing and inconvenient than you think until it happens, and going back after too short a break is always awful.

Kenia Santos said...

The weather forecast can hardly be trusted here. The sun is up and no cloud can be seen around. It just occurred to me there might be a Toad afraid of clowns. :/ I hope there isn't! Kiss. <3

Fireblossom said...

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle. Hedge says, "oh gee, I had a scrap or two I didn't know what to do with. I guess I'll toss Sunday into it and see if that flies. La de dah, just messing around here, folks", and then she posts the perfect poem.

Kenia Santos said...

FB, I know what you mean, her poem is great! The only thing on my mind right now is:

'To leave or not to leave bed - that's the Sunday question.'

Let's see if makes a poem.

Gail said...

I always enjoy your challenges.

Susie Clevenger said...

Rainy Sunday here, but we need the rain so no complaints. Thanks so much for the challenge Kenia.

Anonymous said...

Kenia--what great photos. I especially like the Juliet! Thanks for the cool prompt. K.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your fun photo story today, thanks for hosting us

Have a nice Sunday

Much love...

Anonymous said...

Sunday always had a special place in our family for faith reasons and, pre-social media everywhere, family television shows such as The Ed Sullivan Show and Bananza. This prompt took me back to one particular Sunday night! :)

Ella said...

Noisy here! Lots of stirs, company and such-but some Sundays are quiet and movie marathons or nature walks.
Thanks for a zen like challenge!
Happy Sunday

Hannah said...

I love your images, Kenia!! Wonderful work inspiring challenge...thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenia, sorry for the late post. Long day driving up to Monterey in Central California from the southern part of the state. ~