Friday, April 11, 2014

Transforming Friday with Nature's Wonders


Hello Toads and Pond Dwellers!

Today:

Wisteria Flower Tunnel in Japan

This  video brings a wide array of different angles 
a glimpse of this magical, beautiful place. 

(The music can be turned down/muted if it's not your thing). 



(wiki share alike)

Wisteria vines climb by twining their stems either clockwise or counterclockwise round any available support. They can climb as high as 20 m above the ground and spread out 10 m laterally.

Symbolic Wisteria Meaning:
Flora records indicate wisteria has been known to live up to 100 years and even older (there is a 1200 year old wisteria tree in Japan). It's long-life bestows the symbolic meaning of immortality and longevity to the wisteria. European families mark the ages of generations passing with the growth of this vine, and so it makes sense the vine embodies an essence of immortality (as fathers and grandfathers tell their sons of stolen kisses beneath the same wisteria that grew during the day of their great grandfathers).



A great wisteria (藤, fuji) blossoms at Ashikaga Flower Park in Ashikaga, Tochigi, Japan. The largest wisteria in Japan, it is dated to c. 1870 and covers approximately 1,990 square meters (half an acre) as of May 2008.

All are welcome to write for this challenge...please write a new poem. Allow your muse to stretch his/her legs...bring any viewpoint that suits your poeming mood!

Happy writing everyone!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know much about this flower, but loved the prompt and the information. Look forward to reading the offerings!

hedgewitch said...

A lovely flowering vine--if somewhat voracious(I have seen wisteria growing through the siding of houses and covering trees) Really some stunning pictures, too, Hannah. I will see if anything blossoms from this and be back if so.

Susan said...

I consulted my own back yard for this challenge, Hannah. No wonder resides there except in my heart.

Margaret said...

Thank you. One of my all time photographic captures I am sharing with you here today.

Hannah said...

Thank you, to those of you that have written thus far...I've enjoyed reading you all!! :)

Happy writing and reading everyone!

Susie Clevenger said...

Such a beautiful challenge...I saw a huge wisteria tree once and I hope I can find it again soon to take photographs.

Anonymous said...

hey Hannah! Very creative prompt. Thanks. .

aspiritofsimplicity said...

somehow I flubbed up and added a link here -I've no idea how it happened, windows 8 often just does strange things that there are no accounting for...sorry -pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Kerridwen said...

Catching up on NaPo and wrote my poem for this prompt today. :)