Sunday, April 27, 2014

Play it Again, Toads #4


Welcome to the fourth "Play it Again, Toads!".  I am sharing four of my daughters archived sketches from a few years back when she was in high school.  I think they all speak a bit of spring or summer which is just around the bend for many of us.  You may use these images, but they must be combined with an archived challenge.

Below I have selected three possible challenges from the Toad's archives.  Please do NOT feel restricted to these three - feel free to explore and find one of your own!  The Imaginary Garden's Archive is on the sidebar to the right - all our challenges from 2011 - 2014!



Archive #1     Transforming Frog Day!!

Archive #2     Out of Standard with Izy - The Break-Up Song

Archive #3     Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - Maria Wulf's Visual Poetry"


Please, original poems only and link your specific post to Mr. Linky below. Please make it clear which challenge you are resurrecting by including a link.

Remember, Open Link Monday is always available for those who are unable to finish today!  I look forward to reading your poems and I will be checking back here for any late submissions.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

First up: Margaret you have an amazingly talented daughter! Beautiful, beautiful drawings! And also thank you so much for this prompt which forced me to re-read so many prompts that I've missed being absent from writing for two years. Ah, you Toads are all such inspiration! Anyway, here's my pre-breakfast attempt at this!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a wonderful selection of past prompts to choose from, Margaret. I am especially happy to see Save the Frog Day back again this year.

Sumana Roy said...

learnt from the prompt about Save the Frog Day & added a few toady lines...thanks for the nice prompt
Margaret... :)

Scarlet said...

Thanks for the lovely challenge Margaret ~ I didn't have time to play with Joy's challenge so I decided to used that instead of your 3 archived ones ~

Happy Sunday to you all ~

Anonymous said...

Hey, Margaret--your daughter's drawings are really beautiful. She is very talented. There is a lot of movement and emotion here and light. I tend to use my own visuals, and I am very tired this poetry mont, so I went with my own visual and a rather open ended challenge of Kerry's. I hope that's okay. Thanks for having something rather open-ended.

K.

Anonymous said...

PS-- please feel free to delete the link if I haven't done it properly--I thought there was a wide array of old ones to choose, and I really appreciated the frog one--I have had a lot of frogs in my life and may do another one for that. K.

hedgewitch said...

Lovely drawings, Margaret--what talent! (I hope it will be okay to use them at some later date? I chose to go back to a challenge Fireblossom gave us to use the illustrations of W.T. Benda.)Thanks for the help in getting today's poem done!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawings, but I've gone with a striking photograph of a sculpture/assemblage by Jud Turner called 'BioCycle'.

Anonymous said...

PS I've just noticed that the prompt picture should have been taken from the Imaginary Garden archive. If this poem is inadmissible let me know & I'll remove the link immediately.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Karin, you are welcome to choose from any of our old challenges and the artwork here is only an option.

Dick, this is a specific challenge so I will remove your link but invite you to come back tomorrow to share it on open link night.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Kerry. Sorry - always read the small print! I'll remove the link & sign in again tomorrow.

Susie Clevenger said...

Beautiful drawings and thanks for the challenge...I chose to write lune

Margaret said...

I think as the month moves along, my daily poems are getting shorter and short. I could use a Mama Zen challenge about right now with a word limit of 10 :)

I will be back in the morning to play catch up! It's been a busy non-stop type of weekend.

Hannah said...

That was fun...I went way back! There're quite a few back there that I'd like to try...thank you for this challenge Margaret. I enjoyed your daughter's work. :)

Anonymous said...

another cool one, Margaret. I chose Izy's prompt and threw together a 5 minute pen, pretty much unedited - please pardon the scratch, but it's day 27 and later Sunday night and my youngest son isn't due in from his 400 mile orchestra trip (playing cello) for another half hour. back to read later after I pick him up. Good week to all ~ M