Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Bits Of Inspiration ~ The Yellow Brick Road

Hello my lilypad friends, this is Susie and today we are going to travel the Yellow Brick Road. I have chosen three songs to inspire your journey.



Follow The Yellow Brick Road

"You're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz
You'll find he is a Whiz of a Wiz is ever a Wiz there was
If ever, oh ever, a Wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he does
You're off to see the wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz!"



"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

When are you gonna come down
When are you going to land
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man

You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be singing the blues

So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough


(You can find the entire lyrics here.)



Ease On Down The Road

'Cause there maybe times
When you think you lost your mind
And the steps you're takin'
Leave you three, four steps behind
But the road you're walking
Might be long sometimes
You just keep on steppin'
And you'll be just fine, yeah

Ease on down, ease on down the road
Come on, ease on down, ease on down the road
Don't you carry nothing that might be a load
Come on, ease on down, ease on down the

(You can find the rest of the lyrics here.)

So let inspiration get your fingers moving down the yellow brick road and write a new poem for the challenge, share it on Mr. Linky and then visit your fellow poets and read their work.


20 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Susie ~~ I love the Beatles version. I love the Beatles!!
I'm up now iPadding but this morning after some more sleep I will post a poem.
My profile picture is of The Yellow Brick Road with Mr. Tin Man and me holding a conversation.
..

Susie Clevenger said...

I love the Beatles too Jim! What wisdom does the Tin Man have to share with you? :)

Grandmother Mary said...

Fun prompt, Susie. Loved the songs.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Mary!

hedgewitch said...

One of my very favorite Elton John songs, Susie, and a great challenge. Will see what I can do.

Susan said...

Could not resist this challenge--one with Michael Jackson in it. His dance--easing down the road with Diana Ross--is unforgettable. Thanks!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a lot of fun, Susie.

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Hedgewitch. That is one of my favorites also.

Susie Clevenger said...

You are welcome Susan. There is such a lighthearted feeling to the song. Can't wait to read it.

cosmos cami said...

Very fun. I was just singing this Elton song the other day.

Fireblossom said...

Beatles version? What Beatles version?

Susie Clevenger said...

@Cosmos cami thanks @Fireblossom I don't know there is a Beatles version. I couldn't find it. I was just expressing my love for them.

Fireblossom said...

He probably means Yellow Submarine.

Ella said...

Yes, I need to move on down the road-love this challenge!

Hannah said...

Thank you, Susie!! I'll be back to read soon!

Margaret said...

Haven't had much time to write poetry so some of my poems of late haven't been as "finished" as I would like. I DO think the photo my friend took does pair nicely with this challenge, though.

Margaret said...

Will be back in the morning to visit and comment as it is 1:00 am here. good night.

avalon said...

A new one?
I just wrote for for OLM two days ago :-)

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm late... sorry!

Susie Clevenger said...

Kerry, that is fine. I am always late.