Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Flash Fiction 55


A little absinthe for the G-Man 

It's that time of the month again!  Give me something hot and fresh in 55 words; no more, no less.  Ready . . . set . . . go!

13 comments:

Helen said...

Absenthe makes the heart grow fonder? Hopefully all of the summer turmoil will slow to a dull roar soon.

hedgewitch said...

Still a bit woozy around the edges, but couldn't miss a 55. Thanks MZ--here's to absinthe friends.

Hannah said...

Mused on the image for this one...thank you, MZ!!

Margaret said...

Great to do a 55 again!

Lydia said...

Cute play on words! I cannot be absent or absenthe either one, loving "55" as I do. Thanks for showing up and please get well.

Charisel said...

First time trying this. If I didn't link right etc. please let me know.

Mama Zen said...

Thanks to everyone for showing up on a holiday weekend! I'll be around in the morning.

Fireblossom said...

Now that the nuclear bombs have stopped going off in my neighborhood, maybe I can think straight enough (ha! I just thought about that) to write a 55!

Fireblossom said...

ps--I forgot to give MZ our flashy new Flash 55 graphic! Grab it off my post if you want. :-) It was designed by Lily at Poetry of the Netherworld!

Fireblossom said...

pps--Auntie Flo says she loves your sense of humor, MZ!

Susan said...

Believe it or not, this all started with absinthe.

manicddaily said...

Hey, MZ--thanks for the 55.

K.

Susie Clevenger said...

Sorry I am late!! So much going on here with the work being done on my home.