Monday, July 28, 2014

Open Link Monday

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden...

photo credit: tanakawho via photopin cc
Greetings to all poets on this last Monday of July. Many thanks to all who linked up last week - I was moved by the many posts written as tributes to those who had lost their lives in the political unrest which has been so prevalent this month. On that occasion, I asked what was the poet's task. Today, I ask what is the poet's vision?

Arthur Rimbaud said: “A poet makes himself a visionary through a long, boundless, and systematized disorganization of all the senses. All forms of love, of suffering, of madness; he searches himself, he exhausts within himself all poisons, and preserves their quintessences... where he becomes all men, the great invalid, the great criminal, the great accursed--and the Supreme Scientist...  He attains the unknown, and if, demented, he finally loses the understanding of his visions, he will at least have seen them!"

Sometimes, this label of "poet" seems difficult to live up to, yet we all do our part, in our own styles, to express what we see, feel and understand of the world around us. However, what is a poet without a reader? This is why we take the opportunity to gather in the Imaginary Garden each week, not only as a source of inspiration but also to share our work with willing readers. Please link up a poem of your choice, and visit the blogs of fellow poets, who share this space with you. And have a wonderful Monday.

9 comments:

Kenia Santos said...

Good morning everyone. I'm going to bed late again today, that's why I'm so early here.

Kerry, I love the new button. ^_^

Great week everyone!

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

I have a humorous one for you this week.
http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/07/general-monger-pulls-rank.html

Unknown said...

i was going through my blog last week and landed on this one... its kind of an oldie but i thought id share it!! i hope you like it all!!

Jim said...

I hope you are having a nice day, Kerry. This is one I did late yesterday for Margaret and I'm continuing from there. Short, but I hope it's okay.

I am glad you have a forum where we can be 'readers' for each other. Then a few who don't write to include along with the others who do. THANK YOU.
..

Marian said...

good morning, dear Toads. a teensy offering from me today. be well, everyone!! xoxo M

Kathryn Dyche said...

The link up was going a little crazy for me. I was inspired by a thunder and lightening storm this weekend. It's been nice to have some cooler weather even if it has been stormy.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hi Marcoantonio.. Your link is faulty. Please try again.

Susan said...

Hey, Kerry. Sorry to be such a lame reader lately. I have been away at Quaker business meetings. I love your essay here and last week's as well; and I cannot resist posting this poem that I wrote during business sessions this weekend as part of an answer. I'll try to be more present.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Kerry. I have been very taken up with work and family right now and don't really like to write directly about either! So don't know whether I can link but appreciate your essay. K.