Thursday, April 14, 2016

In Other Words

The idea of this challenge is to substitute words of our own into the well-known titles of novels or movies

The first title I have chosen is The Year of Living Dangerously by Peter Weir.





The second title is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.





Our Challenge: Select either of the titles and substitute your own words in the place of those indicated below, and write a new poem under the title you have created.

1. The ____________ of Living _____________

or The Year of _____________ Dangerously  

2. ____________ in the Garden of ___________ and ___________
or Midnight in the __________ of Good and Evil or any other combination of either title which works for you.



17 comments:

said...

What a great prompt, Kerry!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Sorry, folks, for the delay. I had to jump in at the last moment. I hope this will suffice to get some ideas flowing!

brudberg said...

I love the prompt Kerry.. and will take a stab at it later. I will be out dining with friends tonight and I'm hosting OLN so it might not be until tomorrow... But a poem will come.

Susie Clevenger said...

Great prompt Kerry! Looking forward to working on it!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I should add that any similar title of book or movie will do for this prompt. Do not feel confined to just the two I have selected.

Hannah said...

Thank you, Kerry for being here with this...it was fun to work with!

De Jackson said...

Love this, Kerry. Thank you!
Enjoying everyone's April poetry binge! Happy poeming!

grapeling said...

ah, darn, didn't see it. well, thanks for priming the pump and making the jump, Kerry ~

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I absolutely love this!! Will be right back with something bright and new :D
xo

Anonymous said...

an open-ended, fill-in-the=bland prompt is perfect. thanks

Maude Lynn said...

Thanks for always being on top of things, fearless leader!

Ellecee said...

A challenging challenge :-) Thanks so much.

Carrie Van Horn said...

This is a fun one....Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead! :-)

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

At first I wasn't sure what to do this, but in the end I liked the result. It's at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com in all its melodramatic glory.

Outlawyer said...

Terrific, Kerry. k.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

Great challenge Kerry! I'm glad you let us pick other movie titles. I picked "The Butterfly Effect" with Ashton Kutcher changing one word in it. What fun! I'll be around to read in the next few days. The weekend approaches have a good one friends! Hugs!

brudberg said...

My appoligies for being late in commenting...rest assured I will do it during the day.