Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Tuesday Platform, mid-April edition! Poetry Month has been so inspiring, thus far, don’t you agree? Today is your free-range day of the week, your chance to link up a poem not written for a prompt (do we have any of those this month?!) or to share any poem you like, old or new. We want to read it!


Extra Added Non-Compulsory Bonus: This morning a sign on the highway implored drivers to 

PLEASE DON’T LITTAH! KEEP MASS CLEAN!

Makes me smile. Sometimes those clever highway sign people say USE YOUR BLINKAHS because, well, you know. Where I live in western MA, the Boston accent is not quite so prevalent and despite living here for almost 20 years, I still find the whole thing charming. And I grew up near Pittsburgh, PA where people talk funny too. Yinz guys know what I mean?

So, if you need inspiration today (and again it’s optional as today is the OPEN platform), feel free to write a poem containing some kind of local vernacular, slang, or pronunciation. Yinz guys have fun!


20 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Good morning. Hope today will be a great date for everyone!

brudberg said...

Ha.. today I posted a twisted version... but I can add an optional roadsign too.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I dared to embark on a bit of vernacular today - just for a change.

Debi Swim said...

Just want to thank all you guys for the prompts this month. I haven't been able to do them all but they've been a big help emotionally for me. Thanks - I know this has been even more work for you all than usual but I appreciate your thoughtful prompts.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm posting something I wrote for one of Magaly's 'Dark Poetry' prompts, which a few here may have seen but not everyone.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hey everyone,

Hope you're having a wonderful week so far :D sharing my poem "Atlantis." Thank you Marian for the lovely opportunity..!

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Outlawyer said...

Marian--I'm putting in the poem I posted for Brendan's since I'm a bit behind in the prompts--although think I'm still okay with the numbers (ha!) I may post something more particular for your prompt later in the day if I have time to come up with something--thanks. k .

Margaret said...

Posting today but most likely won't be able to read and visit until Saturday morning. I have a couple of prompts I still need to visit from last week. Just a busy two weeks here at our house ...

Ellecee said...

This prompt looks like lots of fun,,,thanks so much,,

Anonymous said...

Hey, I live near Pittsburgh, n'at!! :-)

Marian said...

Yinz live near dahntahn? ;) xo

Maude Lynn said...

I'm behind, too. I put in my poem for Hedge's prompt.

Susan Anderson said...

Just found you here. Magpie prompts are getting less frequent, so I need to branch out a bit. Thanks!

Teri L said...

Hello, everyone! I stumbled across this site today, and I am so happy that I did. Thought I would join in the fun and share a poem. Looking forward to reading all the beautiful words. :)

Bekkie Sanchez said...

Hello, Toads! Happy to link up my haiku I wrote for Haiku Horizons I hope you like it. Short and sweet. A friend of mine from Japan takes photos on her walks and writes Tanka so I used one of her photos for it. She writes in Japanese and painstaking translates to English not easy to do.

I love the sign, Marian! Have a great week! Hugs! Bekkie

Angie said...

a draft poem, for sure, but in lieu of no time i'm submitting

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Toads...I am certainly glad I have been welcomed into the pond. This is my writing highlight every week. The one I shared today is an updated, untitled one. Can't wait to read yours!! --tadpole

Anonymous said...

and I messed up; already shared that one. I'll maybe try a new one in a bit. I'll read first. Thanks guys and gals

Marilyn Cavicchia said...

I followed the Poetic Asides prompt (cool and/or uncool) and wrote a persona poem where the speaker is a horrible roommate or friend.

Hannah said...

Linking and running but I will return comments if you stop by. Sorry for the rush...got a new kitten and its kids vacation week! Wowzers!