Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden... Today, it is raining in purple.








Although Tuesdays are unprompted, open links, the option is given in April to write to a theme. There can be no other than the life, music, poetry of Prince, who died suddenly on Thursday, April 21 (as reported in the New York Times (online). As James Corden said, in his tribute to Prince on The Late Late Show (clip below)
"What a thing to have been alive when Prince was making music. We are all incredibly lucky."



If you have been moved to express your thoughts on his tragic passing, please feel free to share it with us today. Of course, any and all poetry is welcomed on this platform, so do not hesitate to link up a poem of your choice.




11 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I think I need to continue listening to the music for a while, letting it do its thing to my bones and thoughts, after that... I shall write about our purple Prince. For now, I shall link a bit of crimson. ♥

brudberg said...

I did my tribute to Prince earlier, so today I link a little something of an idea blooming from an inspiration of yesterday's reading.

Marian said...

Hard to reconcile. xoxo

colleen said...

We wore purple wristbands to a dance Saturday night and I've been watching everything online that exists. Still gathering to PEN-etrate the mystery. Meanwhile my poem today does deal with the mystery of a life lived.

Ellecee said...

My muse didn't offer up words for Prince today, although I know he is greatly missed.

Susie Clevenger said...

A little something for Prince.

Rommy said...

I have every intention of writing about Prince, but my muse tugged very strongly in a different direction.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Prince was wonderful, but is not my subject just now. Instead, I am linking one a few of you have seen, my version of The Little Mermaid, written for one of Magaly's Dark Poetry prompts.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I'm resharing a poem I shared with Toads 3 months ago when David Bowie died. I think it works for Prince too, but I didn't write it for anyone special I wrote it about us all. It didn't get read last time so only 2 of you would recognize it.

It's a short piece but I still think it's a good poem and deserves to be noticed. I hope you agree.

It's so sad about Prince. He died at such a young age!

Hugs! Bekkie

Marilyn Cavicchia said...

Hello ... I was out of town for a few days. I used the Poetic Asides prompt of love or anti-love. Glad to be back to finish out the month!

Hannah said...

Thank you, Kerry!

Hello...I'm late and haven't much time but I will be back to read.