Friday, April 29, 2016

Instapoetry

We have now reached almost to the end of our poetic endeavour to write one poem per day. At this point I have the choice of letting you having something really simple, or maybe the last challenge that makes the total challenge even harder…


Kerry asked me to go easy on this, and then I asked myself what’s easy. Some of you prefer a blank canvas, where other wants restrictions. Some love forms other hates it.


So now here is my idea that should be possible for all. I call it Instapoetry from that camera that has now been replaced by phones and digital cameras. Here is the process.


  1. Find your camera or phone.
  2. Go to the closest window
  3. Take a snapshot and process it as you like.


Now look carefully on your photograph and jot down a few words, a story or maybe just the colors of your image. Are there strangers in your image, try to feel what they might be thinking. If you are on instagram it would be fun to present the poem there as well. In that case tag it with Instapoetry. Inclusion of your picture is fun, but if you feel like not doing it, that's cool with me.


Write a poem using no more than 100 words.
Inclusion of your picture is fun, but if you feel like not doing it, that's cool with me.

Link up your poem below, and have fun reading what happens around the world through the eyes of poets.

22 comments:

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I am using my tablet tonight and could not follow the prompt exactly. My poem is at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com

brudberg said...

Ha.. Just a comment.. if you cannot take a picture.. just take a mental one.. jot down a few words and get going.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed this very much.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Loved running with this prompt.

brudberg said...

I so like it so far... I can see how my Spring is not that different from the autumn down-under.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is an amazing prompt :D I shall be back with something bright and new!

Anonymous said...

Great prompt. Just what I needed today!

Jim said...

Good Morning (here), Bjorn. This a fine prompt to my thinking, I'd sort of been wanting to write a post like this for a bit. I too wrote it last night from my iPad and waited this morning to update and post with pictures. The iPad rebelled on photos.
..

Blogoratti said...

What a great theme indeed, should prove to be quite interesting. Greetings!

Margaret said...

Really like this challenge - I think you should host it at least once a month!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I love this challenge! I'm also glad you gave us the freedom to do it differently. I am sharing a poem I wrote before and tweaked a little with a picture I took on one of my bike rides.

When I ride my bike I always have my camera with me. I hope you like my offering.

It's been a busy month! Have a nice weekend!

Hugs! Bekkie

Angie said...

how fun to get a glimpse out of each other's windows! my old swimming pool still holds fond memories, if nothing else

Jim said...

Back again, Bjon and Toads and all. I messed up earlier, my latest version has exactly 100 words and no title. Before from the middle of the night write, I had 150 words and four in the title. I liked it a tad better but this one also pleases me. Sorry 'bout that.
..

brudberg said...

I will take a peek at your windows... that's one of the most fun with this kind of prompt.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Thanks to everyone who helped make this #NaPoWritMo happen. Very grateful to you all.

grapeling said...

Bjorn, I took a pic but it's gloomy, so just went with the flow... ~

Hannah said...

Thank you, Bjorn!!

De Jackson said...

Busy day. Literally an "Insta"Poem tonight, with a photo taken out my sliding glass door earlier this afternoon (for the prompt.) Thanks, B.

Outlawyer said...

Cool post, Bjorn. I actually found it quite hard though--but think I am very tired. k.

Gillena Cox said...

Bjorn this is such a fun prompt, i must say though i had responded to my morning mood by capturing bird songs om my and posting to FB. very early mornings are not so hot. I used one of the photos in my haiku blog
Then came over later to see what was up at the garden and found, the simpatico so strongly obvious in your prompt. I could use my haiku blog post and i did.
Except it wasn't just a window view. I was outside capturing the twittering, and snapping the photos, and reveling in a bit of comfortable temperature before the heat slides in


much love...

Susie Clevenger said...

I'm late, but I am here. Such a great prompt Bjorn!

C.C. said...

Very cool prompt, Bjorn. Thanks :-)