Friday, April 14, 2017

Invisible




Friends! Am sharing this newly-released video for Christina Grimmie, a young and vibrant singer-songwriter, gamer, and YouTuber who unfortunately was murdered last year after one of her concerts. I was thinking about the idea of invisibility and came across this lovely tribute to a talented woman who had a fondness for gaming and anime.

For Day 14, let’s muse on invisibility. What does it feel like to be invisible? Who or what is invisible? Would invisibility be a cool superpower or what? Or, feel free to explore the links I’m providing for Christina Grimmie and be inspired by her work or life.

WATCH * LISTEN * BE INSPIRED * WRITE

12 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

So much to work with here. Thanks, Marian. I feel so sad to think of a creative young person having her life stolen from her.

Kim M. Russell said...

Yes, I agree with Kerry. I think it will take a while to get my head around this. her story is so very sad and the prompt such a big topic.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Marian❤️ it took me in an expected direction. I am posting and rushing to work. As always will be back later to read and comment.❤️

Anonymous said...

Great vid. I love animated stuff too. Deeply sad story which pulled a dark poem up from within.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

An affecting story. I am a bit surprised by the way my poem wanted to go.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the prompt. i used to crave attention, now i want to disappear, to become invisible, the way you cannot see a mirror.

Marian said...

Hah, why is that font so big? Can you hear me?!?!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Blogger seems to have a mind of its own, Marian. I have battled for weeks just to get into design view.

Marian said...

I think I might have made it a bit smaller. Sorry for yelling so early in the morning! Maybe this is a sign for my day--what *kind* of sign is the question--submitting a big grant today FINGERS CROSSED xoxo be back on the other side of that, friends!

Susie Clevenger said...

Great prompt!! I am leaving for the weekend and will write for the prompts while I'm gone, but will catch up reading when I get home.

Angie said...

invisibility means i can write all over the page, right? no one will care.

De Jackson said...

Loved this, Marian. Thank you!