Friday, April 28, 2017

Boogeyman

Children can have very vivid imaginations - I know I did when I was young. They can conjure up fanciful notions to delight themselves or scare themselves silly. Most kids have at least one thing they fear. Some kids fear bugs. Some fear the dark. And some don't have a real name for what it is they fear waits for them in the dark. But they know it's out there. Sometimes it goes by a name - the boogeyman.



For today's prompt, I would like you to contemplate the idea of the childhood boogeyman. This is as wide open to your interpretation as you'd like. Feel free to really go wild with this. As always stop by your fellow poets and show they a little love to comfort them after contemplating the things that go bump in the night.


15 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Rommy ❤️ sharing my poem Untitled (when the clock chimes midnight) Day 28! Woooo hooooo ❤️

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Loved this prompt to - it just fired off my imagination and memories...
Anna :o]

brudberg said...

I have had a recent visit from the boogieman from childhood....

Kerry O'Connor said...

Bjorn, your link leads to a page of collaborative poems. I'm not sure it is the correct place to be for this prompt.

Kerry O'Connor said...

My take on this prompt is slightly left of centre, as I conclude my tarot theme.

Anonymous said...

to meet napowrimo prompt and this one in one hit ( pushed for time today) i did a bogey'thing skeltonic...yep.

Susie Clevenger said...

My boogeyman was real and bred a host of imaginary ones.

Rommy said...

Thanks for playing along everyone! I know come up with odd things, so I appreciate your willingness to jump in. :)

Outlawyer said...

Not sure mine is quite right for the prompt, but came up thinking about it. I have another more directed that I hope to get up--also trying to catch up on some lost April days. Thanks Rommy. k.

De Jackson said...

Thanks for the fun prompt, Rommy. :)

Frank Hubeny said...

I've added one about children and monsters.

Anonymous said...

Good writing to all

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed revisiting this childhood terror!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for the look back with this one

much love...

Marian said...

Nice prompt, Rommy!
Once I decided on the subject for my boogeyman poem, I couldn't let it go, but... I really couldn't write it, either. I posted something of a draft and am moving on to Brendan's prompt. Weird when that happens ;\ oh well