Thursday, April 27, 2017

Writing Shoes

Friends! It is day 27! We are almost there! Let’s race to the finish!

Photo by Marian Kent
When thinking about music to accompany this fun photo, I ended up not being able to choose between three quintessential songs by iconic artists. So I’m sharing all three: Paul Simon with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Elvis Costello, and too-soon-gone Townes Van Zandt. Enjoy!

Your assignment is to write about shoes. Pick a song (or two or three) if you like, use the photo if you like, or whatever works for you. And then let your words race, dance, fly!



10 comments:

Jim said...

Good Morning again, or a late Good Night (I'm going back to bed)
Thank you Marian, your prompt made me think fairly quickly. Meaning my work hasn't mellowed, but it's posted.
..

Kim M. Russell said...

Good morning, Marian! As soon as I read the prompt, I thought of my grandmother. I used to totter about in her shoes as well as my mum's but they were all misshapen from her bunions. I would dress up in her headscarves and petticoats, and sing and dance for her - happy days!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This put a big smile on my face this morning, Marian. I live in the Ladysmith of 'Ladysmith Black Mambazo', resident in the same neighborhood as Dr Joseph Shabalala. More than that, I have been a fan of Paul Simon (&Garfunkel) since the age of reason (the 70s).

:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prompt Marian...only one place this could go for me.

Marian said...

I knew it, Kerry! Yay! xo

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Marian ❤️ sharing my poem Untitled (footprints on the sands of time) Day 27! Wooo hoooooo ❤️

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Couldn't resist the obvious misinterpretation. (I wonder how many others will seize on the same idea.)

Thank you for including Townes Van Zandt; didn't know of him before.

Susie Clevenger said...

Great prompt Marian! My shoes are for leaving. :)

Outlawyer said...

Gotta love these shoe prompts. Honestly, some of my best work has been about shoes! Ha. (And I don't even like shoes--I mean, I don't mind wearing them, but I have very few pairs.)

k.

De Jackson said...

I was gonna get all nostalgic and serious, but then some pithy fun wanted to come out. Thank you!