Sunday, April 23, 2017

FASHION ME YOUR WORDS ~ The way you see it


[image from Google dot com]

“Marie, let’s suppose that two firemen go into a forest to put out a small fire. Afterwards, when they emerge and go over to a stream, the face of one is all smeared with black, while the other man’s face is completely clean. My question is this: which of the two will wash his face?

That’s a silly question. The one with the dirty face of course.’

No, the one with the dirty face will look at the other man and assume that he looks like him. And, vice versa, the man with the clean face will see his colleague covered in grime and say to himself: I must be dirty too. I’d better have a wash.’

What are you trying to say?’
― Paulo Coelho, The Zahir

Hello Toads: FASHION ME YOUR WORDS : The way you see it.
Choose a poem preferable one you think you know pretty well. Look upon it with a fresh new view. What is your reaction, after this reading? Now, write a new poem based on the way it triggers in you a response after this reading. (Do not post the poem you chose at your blog, add a reference link only, if there's one, or mention it in a process note)
Post only your reaction poem, the way you see it.

OR

Dare to stare down one of your
fellow toads by selecting and reacting to one of their poems, if you think you don't want to hop about too far from your Lily pad.

SO

Fashion me your words. The way you see it. Then you must hop off your Lily pad once again to see what mischief other toads have been up to

HAVE FUN!!!

Enjoy the Music



19 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a very interesting concept, Gillena. I often notice from readers' responses that they have seen a poem I have written in a totally different light to the way I wrote it.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy Sunday everyone ❤️ I was rather taken by Christina Rossetti's poem and wrote what came to mind. Thank you for the lovely opportunity, Gillena ❤️

Gillena Cox said...

Glad you like it Kerry (✿◠‿◠)

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Going now to read, Sanaa. Happy Sunday to you (✿◠‿◠)

much love...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm a bit obsessed with Michael Dransfield just now, having recently read a new book about him, so I picked one of my favourite Dransfield poems to look at afresh and respond to. It's a very interesting exercise, and I can think of other ways of going about it than what I did; maybe I'll try out some of them, some time.

Anonymous said...

i agree with Kerry. you all are welcome to use anything of mine, should you choose.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for participating Rosemary. Going to read your response. Have a nice Sunday

Much love...

Susie Clevenger said...

I've been reading Bukowski lately. This is a great challenge. Thanks!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks Susie. Just read your response. Hot and sassy

Have a nice Sunday

Much love...

Angie said...

thanks for the prompt Gillena. Poems often stir what's inside me

Marian said...

Nice idea, Gillena! I picked a poem I've loved for a long time and appreciate the chance to reflect on it. :)

De Jackson said...

Thanks for the awesome prompt, Gillena. :)

Gillena Cox said...

(✿◠‿◠) Thanks for dropping in Erbiage

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

(✿◠‿◠)

Read your poem Angie, Thanks for participating

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

(✿◠‿◠)
glad you are comfortable with this prompt Marian

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

(✿◠‿◠)

Thank you for taking part De

much love...

Outlawyer said...

Wonderful prompt, Gillena. I'm not sure about my poem, but enjoyed the process. k.

Gillena Cox said...

Read you poem, i luvved it, Happy you participated K

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Just saying:
Been reading Paulo Coehlo, this past few months and that 'Zahir' quote really stirred me.
Didn't think i would enjoy so much the responses to this prompt; which included, the wealth of new poets you introduced me to, by way of your inspiration poems.

Thanks to all who participated

much love...