Monday, April 17, 2017

Over // Under // Through

Papers Please. Copyright - Isadora Gruye Photography. 



Greetings Toadlings, 

Congrats to all of you participating in the neck-breaking, poem-a-day marathon for National Poetry month.  Today's challenge is all about challenges, and how we rise ...or er, don't or whatever. 

Over // Under // Through

We've all got a lot of borders to hop, a lot of walls to climb, a lot of checkpoints to dodge. Write a poem detailing how you get by. This is also the theme for the opening issue of Nice Cage. If you are interested in submitting your work, please check out the submission guidelines and past issues at our home page.

So go now, my muddy buddies and bring us back something shiny and new!!!


11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a great challenge, Izy. One for the final day of my April vacation! I have been so inspired by the poets featured at Nice Cage, especially those who write prose poetry. I think I will attempt something of the sort for this prompt - just for a change of perspective.

Anonymous said...

Great idea Izy and one that I have combined with today's napowrimo 'nocturne' prompt. Have a good day everyone.

Gillena Cox said...

I didn't take on the writing challenge this April. However, my Morning Mood is in simpatico with today's prompt, so here i am. Happy Easter Monday

Will visit The Nice cage link later.

much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Izy ❤️ sharing my poem Untitled (a poet's dilemma) hope you like it. Day 17! Woooo hoooo!❤️

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Well – I found it challenging!

Angie said...

I used to feel like nature did nothing to restore me...WHO WAS I? nature is everything

Anonymous said...

read something a little different into this but was fun repeating the movement words

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

The erbiage link is leading me back here! :(

Susie Clevenger said...

Great prompt Izy!

Marian said...

I couldn't do this one today... day off and family has me running! I managed to eke out only a quickie American sentence, not responsive. But Izy I like this prompt and will try to write for it sometime this month.

Jim said...

A very nice, fun prompt, Izzy. I've had a busy day but finally wrote. Perhaps I'll post it for Tuesday Platform another day. Thank you.
..