Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Out of Standard - Signs of the time

Greetings Toadies!

I am ever so happy to present the mid-week prompt for our Poems in April promptkrieg. For this prompt we are going out of standard. I am going to challenge you to find new places in the everyday and sully the page with the unexpected. At this point in the month, your poem muscles are warm, limber and ready for the long haul.

Signs of the times

The prompt is simple: find an image of a protest sign and use that phrase in a poem that is not political.

In case you don't want to find your own image I have supplied some below from different eras and different causes. Feel free to use them as poem fodder. However, do also feel free to find your own picture which means something to you....or even use a picture of yourself holding a protest sign.

So go now my muddy buddies and bring us back something shiny and new! 






11 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, what a challenging prompt! It's really hard to divorce some of those slogans from the political situations that gave rise to them. I had fun trying.

Anonymous said...

This was a giggle. Might have to do another ;)

Anonymous said...

Here's another take on the prompt...not sure if two posts are cool in mr linky here at Toads so linking here (comes with a playlist)(https://paulscribbles.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/songs-of-the-times/

Kim M. Russell said...

I thought I'd have some fun with mine, a bit tongue in cheek.

Kerry O'Connor said...

How very apt, since at this very minute tens of thousands of South Africans have taken to the streets in the second mass action march against the president, so I do not have far to go to find a sign of my times.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Cheers for the excellent prompt Isadora - and I have absolutely no idea where the words for my offering came from...
Kind regards
Anna :o]

Marian said...

Love this, Izy.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, I love this Izy!!

De Jackson said...

LOVED this. Thank you!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

This was a clever prompt which was fun to do! I like that it was not about politics because everywhere I turn there it is. As my birthday is next month I've been thinking about a lot of things and I went personal with this one.

The Bizza said...

Meh. I sucked at this. Still fun though. ;)