Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to The Imaginary Garden...

Challenge
Agnes Lawrence Pelton (1940)
Greetings to all poets, visitors, friends! And so we have come to the last Tuesday of poetry writing month. It has been a CHALLENGE for those who are attempting to complete 30 poems in 30 days. It has also been a celebration of our community of poets - we are so often too busy to make the effort to write on a regular basis (and I count myself in this number) but this one month of the year allows us to come together both to inspire and support the art which all of us holds so dear.

While this platform remains open to any poem you wish to share, I offer a tiny picture prompt for those who may be running out of ideas, and are looking for a spark to ignite the thought process.

The artist I am featuring today is Agnes Lawrence Pelton (1881–1961). To visit the WikiArt gallery of some of her paintings, click HERE.

When uploading an image to your blogsite, remember that we apply the Fair Use Principles:

➮It is a historically significant artwork
➮The image is only being used for informational and educational purposes
➮The image is readily available on the internet
➮The image is a low resolution copy of the original artwork and is unsuitable for commercial use


13 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I wrote the poem first, but I think it fits the optional prompt quite well.

Anonymous said...

I had a poem on the go and interestingly the perfect piece of artwork was lying in wait for me. Thanks for the prompt Kerry.

Marian said...

This month has been really amazing. I'm (still) grateful to this community and to you, Kerry. xo

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the artwork by Agnes Lawrence Pelton ❤️ I chose to write on 'Spring Moon.' Happy Tuesday, everyone ❤️

Margaret said...

I wrote this with my toes in the sand and water and the sunset peaking over my shoulder...

Justin Lamb said...

Happy Tuesday, folks.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Dear mama Zen, I have quoted you today... Hope you don't mind.

Jim said...

I've liked this prompt very much. Thank you, Kerry. So much of the morning I've spent with the heart and sole of Agnes Pelton. I'll use Wikipedia as a review tonight.
The links on my blog have some very interesting articles of our artist. Did you know that she never drove a car?
..

Jim said...

I did not find a search mechanism for "California Desert Art". I wish I could find one besides Google which would not be thorough enough for my purpose.

Gillena Cox said...

So hot here in Trinidad and Tobago, I can barely think...we are in a HEAT WAVE and under ALERT from the Met Office

MUCH LOVE...

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Cheers for the opportunity to share Kerry.
Kind regards
Anna :o]

Anonymous said...

I like what I've read

Susie Clevenger said...

Sharing a late poem for Earth Day! Happy Tuesday!